Thursday, February 16, 2012

favorites

I'm bad at these.

It took me 20 years to decide what my favorite color was. I definitely was borrowing my mom's the majority of the time when I would say "blue". Really,  I'm a green person. As soon as I made that decision, it was like every store on the world decided to strip its green section down to only the ugliest and most profane excuses for clothing. I'm serious, every time I go into a store I mentally check every green article of clothing just to be sure it's hideous...and it. always. is.

to get back to the point, it's a rainy Thursday afternoon here at Wellesley College. Do I have tons of reading to do for my Russian class tomorrow? yes. Am I going to a rehearsal tonight and the pub after to dance? yes. So should I be sitting here blogging? Well, that is a philosphical question, in my opinion.

One of my favorite ways to spend afternoons anywhere, not just at Wellesley, is in the act of consuming a hot beverage. I'm sick still, so today the choice is herbal tea (vanilla sleepytime, with Austrian sunflower honey), but at other times it could be a Wiener mélange, or a double-shot of espresso and tiny piece of dark chocolate.

With tea, in the afternoon, at Wellesley, I tend to go for popcorn as my corresponding snack. Somehow, this combination plus the yellow daffodils on my desk are driving away the Thursday afternoon glum.

-lab

2 comments:

  1. you must like john's purple pants then! like father, like son :)

    i always think of you wearing that silky purple shirt, dad...

    ReplyDelete