Friday, July 13, 2012

sound bites

These days, I tend to be very in tune with myself about my musical cravings at any given moment. It takes after my food cravings, in that usually for a few days I have irrepressible urges for the same things over and over, and then they quietly switch to something new and completely different a while later. For a few weeks there, every day at 3 o'clock, it would be necessary for me to eat a bag of fritos. In March I wanted salad with ranch dressing a lot. Usually rootbeer and charleston chews go together.

Some days when I'm a bit down, I want emotional music, maybe even a bit sad, to make me feel better. These two songs seem to have stuck with me since the summer started:

 
 

This week was different though--with a radical juxtaposition of happy and angry, I would get to work every morning needing this adorable song:
And find myself driving home late at night, singing along to this one:

All lovely, some happy, some sad.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment